[rt-users] Global scrip modification - action failing

Sarah Pomerantz sarah at bottlenose-wine.com
Mon Mar 12 11:45:19 EDT 2007

Hello,

We want to configure the RT notification system so that any comments
on a ticket are emailed to the owner of the ticket.

To do this, we modified the default scrip #8 (On Comment Notify Admin
CCs as Comment with template Admin Comment). Now the settings for
this scrip are:

Condition: On Comment
Action: Notify Owner
Template: Global template: Admin Comment
Stage: Transaction Create

However, I have commented on existing and new tickets (some owned by
me, some owned by others) and no notification was generated.

Furthermore, when I use the RT interface to Comment on a ticket, I do
not see the appropriate "This message will be sent to... On Comment
Notify Owner with template Admin Comment" notification setting. The
only scrip listed under "This message will be sent to..." is the
default scrip #9, "On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with
template Correspondence".

We are using RT 3.6.3. I am a relatively new RT user so please advise
if I have overlooked a resource in trying to troubleshoot this issue.
I have already looked through the O'Reilly RT Essentials book, as
well as the RT Wiki and the rt-user mailing list archive.

Thank you,
Sarah Pomerantz
sarah at bottlenose-wine.com