[rt-users] Workflow question: RT on both ends of a ticket

Roy El-Hames rfh at pipex.net
Tue Mar 13 08:19:46 EDT 2007

Carl;
>> Have you investigated having relationship between the 2 tickets
>> (parent/child or refer to etc) then applying a scrip when an update to
>> one submits an update to the other??
>>

> I'd not thought of that - there's already some ticket relationships
> going on, so the scrip would have to figure out if the related ticket
> was in the apppropriate queue or not before choosing to update it.

I would use cfs to distinguish which tickets to auto update the related
ticket ..
We have a process not so different from yours, the way we did it, on a
cf change a new ticket is forked out from the original as Depends on,
however what we do is only comments are propagated, correspondence are
kept separate in each ticket.
Roy