[rt-users] Issue with Extended mail commands

Frank Balonis rt-user at balonis.com
Tue Mar 13 09:36:18 EDT 2007

Hello,

We are currently running RT 3.4.4 on Debian.  I have installed RT-Extension-CommandByMail along with the applicable patch.

The issue we are having is our own software solution sends out automated alert emails to our support email with this as first line in the notificaiton:

hostname: xxxxx

this causes an Extended mailgate error for the unknown command "hostname".

My question is how can I resolve this?  Shouldn't the extension ignore entries that are not commands?

Thank-you,
Frank