[rt-users] Help with grabbing customfieldvalue at ticket creation

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 15 13:40:14 EDT 2007

To all,

	We've been putting some custom field data in our templates for awhile,
but the tickets already exist. We are now trying to get some cf data on
an e_mail during creation and having some trouble. We've various
versions of "{$self->$Ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('Description')} and
also {my   $Ticket_Description;
      $Ticket_Description = $Ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('Description');
      return $Ticket_Description;}

	But to no avail. We need some help help here. Obviously, thereis
something I do not understand. Is this data just not available from the
ticket yet? I do not have the cf defined for a transaction. Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL