[rt-users] RT Interface/Display & Logging Issues

Rob Shupe rshupe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:32:00 EDT 2007

I just finished the process of getting RT 3.6.3 running on CentOS4, and so
far everything seems ok with the exception of two things. The first problem
might not even be a problem for all I know, but I'm going to ask about it
anyway. The interface when RT loads up seems ok except for the fact that no
background colors show up anywhere. This could very easily be because the
interface was changed in a recent version to look simpler and not because
anything is wrong. However, I took two screenshots to demonstrate what I'm
seeing, just in case:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/429561196_83c163a25e_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/429561203_29c6df4a9d_o.jpg

If this is what RT is supposed to look like, my apologies for junking up the
list. If not, what might be the problem and where can I begin to look for a
solution?

The second issue I experienced involved logging. When I tried to log to a
file, I kept getting the following error in the httpd error log:

[warn] FastCGI: server "/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" started (pid 7189)
Log file /opt/rt3/var/log/rt.log couldn't be written or created.
 RT can't run. at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 285.
[warn] FastCGI: server "/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" (pid 7178)
terminated by calling exit with status '2'

I'm assuming this is just a simple permissions issue, but I'm not certain as
to how the permissions should be set for rt.log to prevent this error. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks.