[rt-users] You're almost there!

ayish alomari aalomari at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 24 12:18:43 EDT 2007

Someone please give me a hint on what I am missing .

I installed  rt3-3.6.3 with httpd 2.2.3 , and mod_perl 2.02, and mysql 5.027

fallowed the install instruction on Best Practical 's webcite.
but still getting this error when trying to view rt

You're almost there!

You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT.

You appear to have installed RT's web interface correctly, but haven't yet configured your web server to "run" the RT server which powers the web interface.

The next step is to edit your webserver's configuration file to instruct it to use RT's mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi handler.

here is a copy of my rt3.conf file
Alias /rt3 "/usr/share/rt3/html"
PerlRequire /usr/sbin/webmux.pl
<Directory "/usr/share/rt3/html">
  AllowOverride All
  Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
  RewriteEngine On
  RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>

Any suggestion would be greatly apreciated. ..

thank you in advance.