[rt-users] RT 4

Scott Golby sgolby at freshdirect.com
Tue May 1 14:49:19 EDT 2007

> If, for the sake of argument, Best Practical were to rewrite RT, what
> would you want to see in the new product?

- Multiple Ticket Owners.

- Sub-selections in Custom Field input.  Eg) Choose a Department, you
can
  then only select certain other fields based on that choice.

- Mandatory fields.  Custom fields are weak on this currently, I can set
  something to mandatory but RT ignores it.
  Time Worked not being filled in on ticket resolve is an issue we are
  having here.  A tick box per queue making it mandatory would be nice.

- Resolved Tickets not springing open when someone replies saying
"thanks".

- HTML in Templates so we can highlight parts of a reply better.

- Reminder system that sends out Emails to remind owners and provides
  a summary to managers showing what tickets are over due.

- LDAP/ActiveDirectory native support, particularly Groups.

- Import of Custom Fields from text file list. (cut and pasting from
  excel is soo much fun)

- A way copy a Queues setup from one system to another eg) our Dev
  system to our Production System.

- Backup, Restore, Clustering - Enterprise level stuff built in would
  help 'sell' RT to larger organizations of the size that will pay
  for support.

Thanks,
Scott