[rt-users] Re: RT-Users Digest, Vol 38, Issue 17

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at genarts.com
Thu May 3 13:31:18 EDT 2007

>> Hi; I'm trying to set up RT at my company, for handling incoming support
>> > requests from outside via email.  I'm using latest 3.6.3 on Linux.

>> >  CCs: how do you get on/off this list?
>> >  AdminCCs: how do you get on/off this list?
>> >  Other Recipients: what is this?
>
> The People tab lets you define these on a particular ticket.  They get CCs.

And I'm guessing anyone who updates the ticket gets auto-added or something.
Thanks for the help!  I think I'm almost ready to roll it out.

>> > In the scrip Actions, what does "Notify ... as Comment" mean?
>
> No email is generated, it adds a comment to the ticket.

OK, that's confusing (at least to me)!   What's the point then of
differentiating between (say) Notify AdminCcs as Comment, and Notify
Requestors as Comment?  Nobody actually gets notified at all really.  In fact,
isn't this a noop:
  On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
since the comment was already created?

thx again,

-- Gary