[rt-users] Expensive Queries

Jeff Stark JStark at sumtotalsystems.com
Tue May 15 12:37:11 EDT 2007

Hello,

We are trying to identify very poor performance levels of the RT
Application 3.6.3 on REHL/Apache with Oracle.  In doing so, we had our
DBAs take a look at the Oracle box and the identified some very
expensive queries that were taking nearly 10 seconds to return, such as:

SELECT * FROM
 ( SELECT limitquery.*, rownum limitrownum FROM
            ( SELECT main.* FROM
                        ( SELECT DISTINCT main.id
                                    FROM CustomFields main
                                    JOIN ObjectCustomFields
ObjectCustomFields_1  ON ( ObjectCustomFields_1.CustomField = main.id )
                                    WHERE (main.Name = 'Customer')
                                    AND (ObjectCustomFields_1.ObjectId =
'0')
                                    AND (main.LookupType =
'RT::Queue-RT::Ticket')  ) distinctquery,
                        CustomFields main
            WHERE (main.id = distinctquery.id)
            ORDER BY main.SortOrder ASC, main.id ASC  )
 limitquery WHERE rownum <= 1 )
 WHERE limitrownum >= 1

Their concern is mainly around the joins being inequality joins, as even
indexes won't help with these types of queries.  Has anyone seen this
same behavior and/or has anyone done anything to modify the system to
generate better join clauses in the queries?

Also I must note, we only have 450 tickets in the system at this
time...this was in just over a week with less than half of the users
active, so we expect the number to grow significantly as we onboard
additional users.

Thanks,

Jeff Stark