[rt-users] Adding something to Elements/Header

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 05:18:43 EDT 2007

I know nothing of CGI and Mason and whatnot so I don't know how to do this
exactly.  I've sorted a little bit out.  I want to add a timestamp to the header
which will be centered above the bar that holds the text such as 'RT at a
glance' or 'Query Builder'.  So far I have it formatted using
% my %months = (
%       1  => "January",
%       2  => "February",
%       3  => "March",
%       4  => "April",
%       5  => "May",
%       6  => "June",
%       7  => "July",
%       8  => "August",
%       9  => "September",
%       10 => "October",
%       11 => "November",
%       12 => "December");

% my ($second, $minute, $hour, $day_in_month, $month, $year) = (localtime) [0..5];
% $year += 1900;
% printf "%9s%3s,%5s%3s:%2d:%2d", "$months{$month}", "$day_in_month", "$year",
"$hour", "$minute", "$second";

I just don't know how to format it like HTML.  How can I center it and place it
directly above the bar instead of floating at the top of the page?  I'd also
like to be able to manipulate the font.  Can anyone provide insight?

Thanks,
Mathew
--
Keep up with me and what I'm up to: http://theillien.blogspot.com