[rt-users] Is there a change in the rt-mailgate interface in 3.6.3?

Mike Friedman mikef at ack.berkeley.edu
Thu May 17 17:44:07 EDT 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007 at 12:57 (-0400), Drew Barnes wrote:

> A straight copy?
>
> You need to run the db upgrades, per the README

Drew,

Yes.  To be more specific, I unloaded the db, had our db admin reload it
on the new machine, then I ran the RT upgrades to bring the schema from
3.4.5 to 3.6.3.  From what I can see, via the web interface, the data and
configs look exactly the same on both RTs.

In particular, the 'Everyone' group has these Global rights:

    CreateTicket, ModifySelf, ReplyToTicket

I've been testing rt-mailgate by running it on the same machine where RT
(3.6.3) is running, using the command line interface, e.g.,

  rt-mailgate --debug --queue general --action correspond --url https://....

I then supply just the string 'xxx' in stdin and get the error message:

    not ok - Could not load a valid user ...

If I run the same command but point to the URL of my 3.4.5 system, I get a
message like this:

    okTicket: 631Queue: Owner: NobodyStatus: Subject: Requestor: at .../rt-mailgate line 109, <> line 1

which looks like 'success' to me.  And, indeed, an empty ticket does get
created in the 3.4.5 RT.

In the latter case, of course, the new ticket is owned by 'Nobody'.  I
checked my 3.6.3 system to make sure that user 'Nobody' was properly
configured.  Of course, it's set up exactly the same on both systems,
since the 3.6.3 database came from the 3.4.5 database.

What else can I look for in my 3.6.3 system that might account for this
difference in behavior?  I've run out of ideas.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike Friedman                        Information Services & Technology
mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU               2484 Shattuck Avenue
1-510-642-1410                       University of California at Berkeley
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~mikef  http://ist.berkeley.edu