[rt-users] Posting directly into RT via external web application

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Wed May 23 15:16:31 EDT 2007

On 05/23/2007 03:10 PM, Stephen Turner wrote:
> You can definitely have your web form send email to RT,  generate
> tickets, and have custom fields populated (via an RT extension). I'm
> curious about what the snags are that make email not possible.

Not impossible, just partially more painful and definitely another layer
of abstraction between stages.  It would be preferred if we can have
some kind of result sent back to the web user other than "The email went
out to the other server, you should hear from it shortly", and I'd
imagine that a backend call could make that more possible.

Since sending that email, I remembered REST, and have pointed him at
that (as well as the source to 'rt' and 'rt-mailgate').  So far he's
happy :>

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285