[rt-users] Posting directly into RT via external web application

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed May 23 15:42:55 EDT 2007

Just extract the web user's email address from the
$self->TransactionObj->Content with an OnCreate scrip and then have RT send
an acknowledgment to that address.  Letting RT handle this is pretty
simple, especially since your webdude gets to define the format of the
e-mail that gets sent to RT.  I'd still have the web server respond with a
"Thanks for the application, stand by for an acknowledgement" screen, but
then have RT send him/her a nicer customized message.

Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC
Security Analyst