[rt-users] Notifications not being sent to 'Cc:' addresses when commenting on a ticket

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 1 13:03:04 EDT 2007

Matthew,

	Comments "default" is to go nowhere except to be cataloged in the
ticket history (notice drop-down on comments page reads "Comments (not
sent to Requestors)".
	If you want to make comments on a ticket and have them go somewhere and
reach those listed in the "cc" of the ticket you need to do the following:
	1) set up a notification scrip either globally or for that queue with
the condition "On Comment" and the action set to "Notify other
Recipients" and use either the template "Correspondence" or create a
special one. I believe the the "notify CC's" refers only to the CC's
listed as "Watchers" of that queue and I assume you are talking about
"other" cc's that you either add for the comment only or the one's added
for the ticket only on the ticket page.
	2) add the addresses for your "cc" recipients (delimited by a comma) in
the "CC" block or defer to the one's listed specifically for the ticket.
	If you want to have the comment sent to the requestor, then I believe
you will need another scrip to "Notify Requestor" with the same "On
Comment" condition. Or you could merely change the drop down box from
"Comments (not sent to Requestors)" to "Reply to Requestor" and I
believe that would do it for the requestor as well.
	Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL