[rt-users] changing the look and feel of RT tickets

Karl Boyken boyken at divms.uiowa.edu
Fri Nov 2 10:37:05 EDT 2007

Tim Wilson wrote:
> <20071102082649.1165F4D8048 at diesel.bestpractical.com>, "Krishna Prasad"
> <krishna.prasad at spartanlabs.com> wrote:
>
>> > I am using centos 4.3 and RT3.6.5. I want to change the look and feel of the
>> > tickets color's row by row. Where we have to change and how we have to
>> > change. I want to keep maroon color and other color in tickets row by row.
>> > How can I do it, please give me the solution..
>
> Krishna,
>
> You need to dig in and modify the CSS files to change the look of the RT web interface. I don't know how you installed RT, but on my system (Ubuntu Linux) those files are in /usr/local/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/css/3.5-default/
>
> The RT html output is pretty thoroughly marked up with divs, making it possible to have fairly fine-grained control of how everything looks. I would recommend the Firefox Web Developer extension

> for a quick way to identify how the divs are arranged. If you're not familiar with CSS then you'll need to track down some additional resources. More substantial modifications to the web interface require overriding some of the default mason components. See the following wiki page for more information on that.
>
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CleanlyCustomizeRT
>
> BTW, it's probably not terribly useful to send mail directly to Jesse, Ruslan, or the rt-users-request address. Post your questions here, and you'll have the best chance of a reply.
>
> -Tim
>

> -- Tim Wilson, Director of Technology Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose Schools 214 1st Ave NE Buffalo, MN 55313 ph: 763.682.8740 fax: 763.682.8743 http://www.buffalo.k12.mn.us

You can create your own look-and-feel and put it under rt_root/local, so
it's more maintainable.  I created an
rt_root/local/html/NoAuth/css/Local directory, copied all the
3.5-default .css files into it, and modified them to my liking, then set
$WebDefaultStylesheet to 'Local'--it works.

Karl

--
Karl Boyken, system administrator
karl-boyken at uiowa.edu
303A MLH, Dept. of Comp. Sci.
http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~boyken/
The U. of Iowa, Iowa City, IA  52242   319-335-2730 (voice)
319-335-3668 (fax)