[rt-users] unprivileged user's search for tickets

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sat Nov 3 15:14:30 EDT 2007

I found that my unprivileged user's were having a hard time review old
tickets since there were some who has as many as 200+ resolved tickets.
Since one of our selling points was that after we resolved an issue, the
user would be able to go back at any time and review the history (should
they run into the same problem again).

I took the Simple Search as a starting point, copied the necessary parts
over to my local SelfSevice directory, then hacked away.  I have
documented all my changes (as well as made a .tar file available) on my
website
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org/howtos/index.html?RT_SelfServiceSearch

I have posted this to the user group for two main reasons:
  1) I am not sure how portable the code is.  I am using RT 3.6.1 on
     Debian Stable, installed from the Debian repository. I imagine
     it should work for others, but I am unsure.  If anyone wants to
     give it a shot, and let me know how it works, I would truly
     appreciate it.
  2) I did not want to post it to the "Contribution" page of
     the wiki (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/Contributions)
     because (a) I did not know under what section to put it under
     and (b) I would like to know if it works for others first.

Again, I would appreciate any feedback on either of the two points
above. And I would like to thank the RT Development team for such a
great piece of software.

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org