[rt-users] RSS Feed Permissions/Authentication problem (Repost)

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 19 03:28:03 EST 2007

Hi there,

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Torben Nehmer wrote:

> does anybody have any idea here, would it be possible to move the
> RSS streams to HTTP Basic Authentication?

In advance, I apologize for not having tested this myself with RT. The
following is just wild guessing but it's probably the way I'd try to
go if I had to (and I actually do so in other frameworks):

You could try to retrieve the RSS data "off-line" by means of some
command-line tool. Then let your WWW server do the authentication.
I am using a method called screen scraping by means of Perl's
WWW::Mechanize. WWW::Mechanize is old but still does a good job.
http://www.google.com/search?q=WWW%3A%3AMechanize+Screen+scraping

HTH,

--
-- Andreas