[rt-users] take and resolve actions via email

Mark Fuller mfuller at bandtel.com
Mon Nov 26 11:48:32 EST 2007

I am interested in that script

Mark Fuller

BandTel Engineering

603-528-6538 Option 2

603-528-6937 FAX

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Gene LeDuc
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 11:29 AM
To: Asrai khn
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] take and resolve actions via email

Hi Askar,

This doesn't answer your question about special features, but it does tell
you a way to do what you want to do.

I resolve tickets via e-mail using 3.6.3 with a fairly simple scrip.  When
someone opens a ticket, I send out 2 e-mails.  The first goes to the user
who opened it - they get login credentials so they can look at the
ticket.  The second goes to the AdminCc list for the queue to notify them
that there's a new ticket in the queue.  If a reply comes in for that
ticket, and the sender is one of the AdminCc, and the first line of the
e-mail is "Ok", then my scrip sets the ticket owner to the person who sent
the message and the status to resolved.  Otherwise the message just gets
attached to the ticket.  It would be simple to modify a scrip like that to
do a "take" as well.

If you're interested in following this trail, let me know.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC