AW: Re: [rt-users] clean up user table

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue Nov 27 11:57:45 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 08:36:42AM -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Kenneth Marshall wrote:
>> Here is our instance data, not slow at all:
>
> I'm willing to consider that I'm looking in the wrong place...  When you
> open a ticket, what's the "time to display" on your instance?  Which DB are
> you using, and what tuning did you do to it?

Gordon,

The time to open and display a ticket varies based on the number
of transactions involved, but typically takes on the order of 1-3s.
A new ticket with a few updates will take about 1s and an older
ticket with many updates takes 3-4s. We are using PostgreSQL 8.2
for the backend DB with the index patches from the mailing list
posting. I did have to watch the logs for slow queries, to figure
out where indexes were needed. That and keeping the session table
cleaned is pretty much all that we need to do. From your description,
it sounds like you are just missing an index or two. Once you find
out what you need and add them, you will be fine. I can help with
PostgreSQL but I do not have much experience with tuning MySQL.

Regards,
Ken