[rt-users] ticket announce email

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 13:25:28 EST 2007

This is the script I came up with:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use warnings;
use strict;
use lib '/usr/local/rt3/lib';
use lib '/usr/local/rt3/local/lib';
use RT;
use RT::Tickets;
use RT::Users;
use MIME::Lite;
use Date::Parse;

RT::LoadConfig();
RT::Init();

my $tix = new RT::Tickets(RT::SystemUser);
$tix->FromSQL('Queue = "CustomerCare" AND Status = "new" AND Owner = "Nobody"');

while (my $ticket = $tix->Next) {
        my $diff = time - str2time($ticket->Created);
        print $ticket->id . ": " . str2time($ticket->Created) . "\n";
        print time . "\n";
        print "diff: " . $diff . "\n";
        if (($diff/60) >= 5) {
                print "diff adjusted: " . ($diff/60) . "\n";
                &email();
                exit;
        }
}

sub email {
        my $emailTo      = 'msnyder at company.com';
        my $emailFrom    = 'RT-devel';
        my $emailSubj    = 'Tickets In CustomerCare Need Your Attention
**TEST-DISREGARD**';
        #my $emailMsg     = 'There are tickets in CustomerCare that are 5 or
more minutes old.  These tickets require action even if it is placing them in
the appropriate queue.  Please attend to these tickets.\n\nThank You';
        my $emailMsg     = 'This is a test message for a script I am working on.';

        my $fullEmail    = new MIME::Lite(From    => $emailFrom,
                                          To      => $emailTo,
                                          Subject => $emailSubj,
                                          Type    => "multipart/mixed"
                                          );

        $fullEmail->attach(Type            => "TEXT",
                           Data            => $emailMsg
                          );

        $fullEmail->send("sendmail", "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t");
}

This refuses to work though.  If I leave it as is I get a negative number for
$diff/60 because $ticket->Created indicates a number greater than time().  I can
only guess it has something to do with timezones but I don't know.  If I reverse
the operands and subtract time from the ticket creation I get a number in the
200s but which is always shrinking and will end up in the negatives because I
shouldn't be subtracting time from teh created time anyway.

This is sampler output when subtracting ticket created time from time():
Ticket Created Time: 1196291034
time():              1196273826
diff: -17208

and when subtracting time() from the ticket creation time:
Ticket Created Time: 1196291034
time():              1196273872
diff: 17162

On top of all this, even when the number comes out positive, dividing by 60
(which I'm assuming I have to do as time and str2time output time since the
epoch as seconds) spits out a number that doesn't even correlate.

Can someone take a look at this and help me out.  Thanks.
Keep up with me and what I'm up to: http://theillien.blogspot.com