[rt-users] Integration

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Nov 30 02:06:16 EST 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 01:56:41AM -0500, Edward Kovarski wrote:

> Has anybody done any integration between RT and a billing system?
>
> We have been approached at looking at the feasibility of integrating
> it with Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and I wanted to see if anybody has
> any experience with it. Looking for the pro's and con's and more
> specifically any gotcha's that we should look out for.
>
> Any insight on this is greatly appreciated.

Here we added a link on the ticket Disply tab when it's closed to
Invoice it. When clicking, we do an XMLRPC request to our billing
system, to get the list of contracts/prices (different kind for
tifferent kind of ticket) for this customer (each queue correspond to a
customer). So the user choose the contract, enter a short description of
the problem (the first transaction is copied to help him), then submit.
The billing is then done by XMLRPC and the contract is writen in a
customfield 'contract' and a customfield "billing" is filed with "ok"
(if this ticket don't need to be billed, users can change this
customfield to 'not needed'). SO based on those customfields, the ling
"Invoice" don't appear anymore, the ticket is closed and invoiced.

It's far from perfect (I would like to refactor this and refactor ou
billing app ... when time free :(), but it works.