[rt-users] allowing non rt users to create tickets

Shawn Wilson swilson at citizen.org
Fri Nov 30 14:47:58 EST 2007

The way i want this to work - any user on our domain can send an email
to an email account and a ticket gets added for them and rt sends them a
confirmation email of ticket creation. The tickets may go into a general
catagory and we can manually move them into different catagories.

Where i'm at - mailgate fetches the emails and sends any user that
doesn't have an account a reply email saying 'Could not load a valid
user'. I don't want to create hundreds of rt users nor feel it really
necessairy to set this up with ldap when i want to accept any and all
emails from this domain as tickets - or just accept any and all emails
if that is much easier.

i hope this is enough to go on, i've been on google for days and i
can't figure out how to do this. I haven't done any serious mods to the
site config other than what is needed to get it up. Let me know if i
need to provide any additional information. This is becoming a pain
since the system pretty much does what we want out of the box.

Thanks

my system info:
Ubuntu Dapper LTS
Linux tkt.fqdn.org 2.6.15-29-amd64-server #1 SMP Mon Sep 24 17:31:58
UTC 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux

RT
request-tracker3.4_3.4.4-1_all.deb

Apache
Server version: Apache/2.0.55
Server built:   Aug 16 2007 22:24:22

MySQL
Server version          5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06.5-log
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

.fetchmailrc
# .fetchmailrc
poll mail.fqdn.org
username foo