[rt-users] How to integrate RequestTracker with our web ?

FranCHo Org sendas_net at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 03:18:31 EDT 2007

Our scenario:

- Server1: our web
- Server2: our request-tracker (RequestTracker 3.6.1-3 installed from Ubuntu .deb)

(The servers are on different locations).

- One queue (ClientsVIP).

We would like to open tickets via web from Server1 into this queue. To validate the tickets we need a CustomField (ClientID).

We have tried with rt command line interface, but we have two problems:

1.- We don't find the way to add/edit customfields. Example:

------
$ rt edit ticket/120650 set CustomField-3='client_100'
# customfield-3: Unknown field.

id: ticket/120650
------

2.- What is the best way to create, reply or comment a ticket with a text with line breaks. Is this the only one? :

------
$ rt comment ticket/120650 -m "line one
> line two
> line three