[rt-users] Shredder error and solution

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 12 11:56:03 EDT 2007

Hello Ruslan,

I'm getting an error with Shredder 0.07 when trying to shred users:

rtx-shredder --force --plugin "Users=limit,100"

[Fri Oct 12 15:40:44 2007] [crit]: Can't locate object method
"caught" via package "RTx::Shredder::Exception::Info" at
./rtx-shredder line 109.
  (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:285)

This error has been reported a few times on rt-users, but I didn't
see a solution.

I believe it's caused by having an old version of Exception::Class
installed. The latest version is 1.23 - we have 1.20 installed, which
does not include the "caught" method.

Anyway, no reply necessary - I just thought I would post this in case
someone else ran into the problem.

Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)