[rt-users] Asset Tracker: add link to asset fromTicketcustomfield

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Oct 17 02:32:06 EDT 2007

Patterson, Craig wrote:
> Actually, it was the $Organization that needed to be changed.  I hadn't
> changed mine from default and it was looking for
> "at://example.com/asset/1"
>
> My system is in production and I'm afraid if I change it as this point,
> I'm going to mess up all of my existing links.  I may have to live with
> it unless there is a way to update my existing links.

There is but first a word of warning. Do try this on a test db !!!
All you need to do is update the Links table with the correct
information, changing all at://example.com/asset/ rows to the correct
at://$Organisation/asset/
There is also information in the Transactions table concerning links but
it looks like it is historical information.  You could opt to change
this as well.

I have done this once for a production system where there was a name
change and haven't had a problem since so I think it is safe to do,
YMMV, do be careful to test this on a test DB first!!

Good luck,

Joop