[rt-users] Apache not starting after upgrade

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:15:32 EDT 2007

On 10/19/07, Patterson, Craig <crpatter at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us> wrote:

>  Askar,
>

> Forgive me if you've already tried this.
>

> After running make testdeps, if something comes up missing the next step
> is to run 'make fixdeps'.  This will connect to cpan and install your
> missing Perl Modules.  CPAN will also resolve any dependencies those modules
> have.
>

> There are a couple of cranky modules, but I don't believe the ones you
> listed ever gave me any problems.

Craig,

RT3 is already installed from Fedora 7 repository I am trying to figure out
why apache failing to start after this host has been upgraded from FC6 to
F7.

The error i am getting is

[Wed Oct 17 16:39:08 2007] [error] Apache2::ServerUtil object version
2.000002 does not match $Apache2::ServerUtil::VERSION 2.000003 at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386
-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 94.\nCompilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line
250.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line
259.\nCompilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line
134.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n
[Wed Oct 17 16:39:08 2007] [error] Can't load Perl file: /usr/sbin/webmux.pl
for server

And for 'make testdeps' i have confirmed that the missing dependency from
Core ' is already installed at this host

perl-DBIx-SearchBuilder-1.49-1.fc7

May be rt-3.6.3 requires lower version, but the above version comes with
Fedora 7.

We do not installed packages from CPAN but only Fedora repositories

reason: make easy to update

Askar.