[rt-users] Error starting apache - Invalid command PerlModule

Michael Moon MMoon at verimatrix.com
Sat Oct 20 14:04:50 EDT 2007

I am trying to get RT 3.6.5 configured. I have it installed. I am now
trying to get Apache and mod_perl configured.

When I attempt to start apache I get the error Invalid command
PerlModule. Obviously I don't have httpd.conf configured correctly, but
in reading the instructions I don't understand what directory I am
supposed to use for the  Alias /perl/  directory.

Make test  and make install ran without errors. If I comment out the
Perl commands, apache starts fine.

The make install had output like this:

Installing
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache.pm

Installing
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/mod_perl.pm

I have tried to use Alias /perl/
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/  But no luck.

The environment is CentOS 5  Apache 1.30, mod_perl 1.3

Can someone clue me in to what might be the problem?

Thanks,