[rt-users] Re: binary attachment corruption?

CJ Kucera christopher.kucera at nsighttel.com
Sun Sep 2 17:12:12 EDT 2007

Hello - I'm resurrecting this old thread from July 2006.  Our RT has
been eating binary attachments for a little while now, and I've just now
gotten around to debugging why.  It turns out that it's related to the
MySQL datatype that was being used for the Content column in the
Attachments table:

Ruslan Zakirov (Wed Jul 26 16:49:44 EDT 2006):
> Could you backup your DB, and run next to SQL queries?
> ALTER TABLE Attachments CHANGE Content Content LONGBLOB NULL;

and Fri Jul 28 14:32:00 EDT 2006:
> yep, when we merge 3.5-EXPERIMENTAL-MYSQL-UPDATES
> (http://svn.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi/bps/browse/rt/branches/)
> into 3.6
>
> On 7/28/06, Ted Serreyn <ted at serreyn.com> wrote:
> > Ruslan, this solution also resolved the attachment issue here under rt
> > 3.6.0.  Is this going to be a permanent change to the schema?

This did fix the problem for us - any new attachments I've sent through
have come back totally fine.  When I browse into that 3.5-EXPERIMENTAL
branch, I can see that that SQL fix is included in schema.mysql-4.1 [1],
which hasn't been merged in as of 3.6.4.

Anyone know when this is making it into the mainline?  Since this hasn't
been reported very often, I'm guessing that it's probably some strange
charset issue with MySQL, but it'd be nice to have it in there.

-CJ

[1]
http://svn.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi/bps/view/rt/branches/3.5-EXPERIMENTAL-MYSQL-UPDATES/etc/schema.mysql-4.1