[rt-users] RT transaction log / general history

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Mon Sep 17 11:16:51 EDT 2007

Hi Tomas,

If you're sure you want _every_ transaction, I'd suggest using the RT API
and throwing together a simple perl script that pulls some info from every
transaction made "yesterday" and then run it a few mintues after midnight
as a cron job.  Load the collected info into an e-mail and send it to
yourself.  If you are at all "perl-aware", you should find enough sample
API snippets and programs on the wiki to be able to do this.  As for the
logins, use the same perl script to grep the rt.log file for [info]
messages that contain "Successful login " (check your rt.log file for the
exact phrasing).  If you're not familiar with perl and don't want to learn
it, what you want will be a challenge.

This should be a fun little project, but you're likely to get a lot of
transaction entries.

Regards,
Gene

--