[rt-users] scrip: how to check if correspondence from requestor

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Mon Sep 17 18:10:11 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 09:35 -0700, Gene LeDuc wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> To correct my previous post, try this for your condition code:
>
>    my $ReqList =
> $self->TicketObj->Requestors->MemberEmailAddressesAsString;
>    my $Sender = $self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->EmailAddress;
>    return $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Correspond"
>       && $self->TicketObj->Status eq "reqappr"
>       && $ReqList =~ /$Sender/;
>
> You just grab the list of requestor e-mail addresses and see if the
> sender's address is one of them.

ObPerlPedant: That'll still be a little loose, you might want to anchor
your regex. If your sender is "john.doe at hotmail.com" the code below
would still match "not.the.real.john.doe at hotmail.com" -- a corner case,
yes, but one with a nonzero chance of occurring given the way people
tend to construct accounts at some of the free webmail providers.

A quick'n'dirty fix might be something like this:

$ReqList =~ /^(.*,)$Sender[,$]/;

--
/Ole Craig
Security Engineer