[rt-users] Seeking users of RT's "Rights Delegation"

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 24 12:23:01 EDT 2007

Jesse,

	Although we do grant that right to our "Queue Admins", they really
never use it. We do not assign rights to individual users. We grant
rights to groups and therefore anyone in that group has the same rights
as anyone else, therefore there is no need to delegate. The same goes
for roles. We do grant some global rights to certain roles and groups
(like our Queue-Admin group ie. "SeeConfig", "SeeGroup"), but by and
large most rights are granted to roles and groups on a queue-by-queue
basis, especially for roles. The only privilege granted to an individual
is the "SuperUser" right, which is granted to the individuals that act
as "System Admins" for RT. They are the ones that create/configure
Queues and groups initially, letting the Queue Admins take over once
everything has been set up. So, we don't really need that privilege.

Kenn
LBNL