[rt-users] SeeQueue and SelfService interface to create tickets

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 26 13:25:58 EDT 2007

Rainer,

	Yes, there are a couple different ways. One is to create a user group
for each queue (named appropriately) followed by granting the "SeeQueue"
right to each individual queue for it's corresponding user group. In
essence, just what you did for that one queue/group, do for the others
only you can give the right to "Everybody" in the other queues. That's
one way. You can also grant the "ShowTicket" and "ReplyToEmail"
privileges as well to these groups. This will allow them to actually
"SEE" the info in their tickets in the queue, not just create them, and
to "Reply" as well in case there is some correspondence. This will keep
other users from other queues/groups from creating/seeing/replying to
tickets in a queue they are not associated with. We have over 50 support
queues and VERY FEW Global rights granted.
	You can also be even more restrictive by using the role "Requestor" for
some of these rights to keep users in a common group form getting
involved in tickets they didn't create.
	Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL