[rt-users] Self Service

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Apr 4 04:30:08 EDT 2008

andrew fay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using RT 3.6.4 at the moment on ubuntu 7.10, I have users logging
> in using Mike Peachey's RT::Authen::ExternalAuth extension.
>
> My problem is that on the self service page users have the option to
> change their password which I don't want to be there and in the top
> right there is a goto ticket box that I don't want there as users can
> enter any ticket number in there and jump to other people's tickets
> which obviously isn't great,
>
> Anyone know how I can get rid of these 2 ?

You don't need to get rid of the Goto Ticket box, simply ensure that
users don't have permission to view tickets other than their own. This
is accomplished with giving ShowTicket (you also want ReplyToTicket) to
the Requestor role for any given queue.

So long only Requestors and Privileged (non-self-service) users can
ShowTicket.. there's no problem.

As for the password change.. my self-service doesn't show that ability..
you probably want to remove the ModifySelf right for "Everyone" or
something like that.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com