[rt-users] [BULK] RE: question about watchers

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 9 13:46:39 EDT 2008

Nelson,

	Try this. Setup a group that includes just the AdminCc's of each
support queue. then, put them in the Watcher CC of the general
(unassigned) queue. Setup a notification to email CC watchers when a
ticket is created in the unassigned queue. Now, when a ticket is created
in the unassigned queue, those that are the interested parties can look
at the queue (give that "special" group the appropriate rights) and either
	a) Take the ticket they want and work on in in the unassigend queue to
resolve, OR
	b) Move the ticket to the queue they use to work on tickets OR
	c) create a scrip that moves a ticket to the appropriate queue when the
owner changes from nobody to somebody (whomever/whatever queue).
	Either way, with a little procedural design followed by appropriate
scrip/template/privileges you can easilymake this work.

Kenn
LBNL