[rt-users] logging out of different browsers...

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Wed Apr 9 16:22:16 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 10:08:17 am William Bulley wrote:

> With Opera 9.2, when I do the same thing, I get a brief screen
> including a string telling me that I logged out and a hotlink
> stating that I can log in again if I want to, and then -- BAM!!!
> I am immediately back to the previous session as though I had not
> logged out at all!  In fact, short of exiting my Opera session,
> there is no way I have found to actually log out of RT 3.6.5 using
> Opera 9.2 -- what is going on here?

Sounds like an Opera bug:  You would experience this if it's not managing
cookies the way it's supposed to or managing it's cache properly.  In this
case, the login cookie is either not being cleared when you explicitly log
out; or Opera is caching dynamic pages, then blindly reading back from cache
without doing any sort of sanity checking on whether or not cached data is
still valid.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca