[rt-users] SOLVED? LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS error with 'ExternalAuth' extension

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 11 13:23:31 EDT 2008

Stephen,

	Yea, yea. But I'm an ADVENTUREOUS person!. HA! Just kidding. Actually,
I already have done it, but just for two users that I CAREFULLY selected
after looking closely at the DB, i.e. USERS, GROUPS, GROUPMEMBERS,
CACHEDGROUPMEMBERS, etc.). First, I got the id's of each duplicate ID
(different id's for the same person). Then I went to the ACL table to
see which one had rights to tickets, etc. Then I checked what groups
those ids were in and checked THEM against the ACL table. Then I
searched all tickets that had those ID's as a CC, etc. and removed that
reference and replaced it with the correct ID (all using RT) on each
ticket. THEN, I went back to the DB and removed the old duplicate ID's
from the USER Table, the related membership in any GROUP,
CACHEDGROUPMEMEBERS, GROUPMEMBERS. Then, for each group Id that existed
ONLY for the dup User IDs, I removed those Group records, etc. So far,
no problem. Do you think I missed anything?

Kenn
LBNL