[rt-users] trying to use RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.05 - problems finding config options

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Mon Apr 14 11:52:51 EDT 2008

Update - problem solved, though I don't know why.

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 09:32 +0100, Mike Peachey wrote:
> Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am getting the following error when I try to update a password for an
> > account in my RT instance.
>
> Is it JUST when you try to update a password? Or when attempting login too?

Login authentication is handled by a "Single Sign-on" Apache module. So,
to my knowledge it was just happening when trying to update user data.

> It certainly *seems* like you've got everything set up right, unless
> there's something small somewhere that's gone wrong.. I would suggest
> doing a:
>
> use Data::Dumper;
> $RT::Logger->debug(Dumper(@$RT::ExternalAuthPriority));
>
> Just to see if you can confirm that User_Vendor.pm is able to pick up
> the config option.. but it certainly seems like it can't, hence the
> "undefined value".
>
> This is a LOOOONG shot, but the e-mail you sent is wrapped at so few
> characters, most things are dropping to new lines and I noticed that the
> wrapping didn't wrap @$RT::ExternalAuthPriority as one word, but wrapped
> it like this:
>
> @
> $RT::ExternalAuthPriority
>
> You haven't been trawling the file and accidentally added a space in
> there have you?

No, thanks for checking though.

What had happened:

We had a power outage on Friday and the computer that RT was housed on
rebooted. Upon reboot things worked as expected.

???

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe at d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot