[rt-users] Upgrade to 3.6.6, slow loading time

Dominic Lepiane Dominic.Lepiane at ptgrey.com
Mon Apr 14 15:40:09 EDT 2008

We sortof have everything setup the way we want in terms of permssions and such so I don't really want to cause too much havoc on that front.

As for the database side, we have made some changes like:

[mysqld]
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=2048M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=512M

Yet still some queries seem to take a really long time.  Using "show processlist" for mysql, I noticed these couple of queries running there at 18s:

1118    rt_user         localhost       rt3     Query   18      User lock       SELECT GET_LOCK('Apache-Session-b9349177d4d8e96cac68dfde36a6e0e5', 3600)
1119    rt_user         localhost       rt3     Query   18      Copying to tmp table    SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Users main CROSS JOIN ACL ACL_4 JOIN Principals Principals_1  ON ( Princ

This seems to agree that the issue is *related* to permissions.  Could this possibly be a deadlock problem or something like that?  I'm really reaching now (in case you couldn't tell)... Are there other tuning options I can change for the dbms or possibly other things like adding some other indexes?

Any troubleshooting advice at this point greatly appreciated.

Dominic Lepiane