[rt-users] Delete Perl?

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Sat Apr 26 02:54:34 EDT 2008

I continue to have show-stopping problems on one server that ran RT
until I tried to upgrade. I have been able to install RT on other
machines with no problems.
Is there a way to delete Perl and start again? I think that would be
much more efficient than wading through the tons of perl conflicts and
package issues, I have downloaded and compiled 5.8.3 for ES# and could
install with RPM immediately after running rpm -e perl*
Is there a better way to restore perl to the default structure with only
the packages and modules as shipped with the OS?
Any help appreciated

Chris

believed to be clean.