[rt-users] Requestor cannot change ticket status

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 1 13:33:03 EDT 2008

Sebastian,

	You've hit the nail buddy. Roles are like "psuedo" groups, so an
unprivileged user CAN be part of them. But a user can only be part of a
"User-defined" group (with more serious privileges than "Reply", etc.)
if they are "privileged". Your user, although defined to RT, is not a
"Privileged" user, so certain rights will NOT be allowed for them until
that second box is checked. It seems a bit convoluted at first, but the
distinction is necessary if you wanted to grant SOME rights to
"Unprivileged" users due to emails, cc's (defined as "others" for
notification scrips), etc. Good guess.

Kenn
LBNL