[rt-users] RT requiring login for every click

Mark Hazen markh at intechgra.com
Wed Aug 6 18:32:36 EDT 2008

Thanks Ruslan; I should have mentioned it earlier, but I had indeed tried the Apache::Session::File option, with no success. I'm happy to report however that the problem has been solved. Documenting my own goof here in case it helps someone else.

The problem was that $WebPath was set to a URL, not a path... and a bad URL at that. I think this can be attributed to the normal operation of Admin::Careless and Admin::Tired, perhaps exacerbated by Admin::Coffee->status being null (which has been rectified).

For reference, this is a stock httpd under Oracle Unbreakable (in other words, RHEL5) which comes with scads upon scads of modules installed by default; mod_perl is in use at version 2.02. Hopefully my goof will save someone else with the same symptoms.

I appreciate all of the feedback, and my apologies for it coming down to something as basic as misconfiguration.

Many thanks and regards,
-mh.