[rt-users] Rt at Glance and upgrade from 3.2.1 to 3.8.0

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 08:56:58 EDT 2008

2008/8/8 Jean-Michel Barbet <Jean-Michel.Barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr>:
> d tbsky wrote:
>>
>> hi:
>> it is a little fix.almost the same as 3.8.0. and utf8 fix is what
>> we need. so i don't need to tune mysql utf8 parameter.
>
> After looking at the way the mysql update procedure works, I believe
> it only changes the column charset and collatiin definition, *not the
> data*, so if some data where stored in latin1 in my previous Mysql
> 4.0 database, the column type will change to binary, then to utf8
> and data will not be displayed correctly.

  yes the data are converted to utf8, so rt must treat them as utf8.
but mysql default use latin1 for connection, so the data are corrupt
when present  in the browser. either patch rt (rt 3.8.1rc2) or force mysql
client parameters to use utf8 connection and we can have utf8 from
mysql to browser.

> Can other people comment on this ?
>
>> by the way, can you use the new "WYSIWYG" editor? i still don't know
>> where i can see the result.
>
> If I try to reply to a ticket in RT web interface, there is a tiny
> black triangle on top of the message box and it expands in a set of
> tools to get rich text, then I click save and I can send the message.

 that's what i want to ask. after using the editor and save,where can
you see the rich text affect? i only see plain text after save. and i
get plain text email.
 thanks for your help!!