[rt-users] Rt at Glance and upgrade from 3.2.1 to 3.8.0

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 8 09:56:30 EDT 2008

>>> by the way, can you use the new "WYSIWYG" editor? i still don't know
>>> where i can see the result.
>>
>> If I try to reply to a ticket in RT web interface, there is a tiny
>> black triangle on top of the message box and it expands in a set of
>> tools to get rich text, then I click save and I can send the message.
>>

> that's what i want to ask. after using the editor and save,where can
> you see the rich text affect?

Simple HTML things like bold and italic should pass right through and
show up in the transaction history.  The PreferRichText config option
may help show other pieces of the puzzle.

RT scrubs HTML rather aggressively and we may need to tweak
share/html/Elements/ScrubHTML.

It would be great if you poked at the options in that file until it
showed you what you want to see in the history and submitted a
patch to rt-bugs at bestpractical.com

> i only see plain text after save. and i
> get plain text email.

You need to tweak your templates slightly in order to send html mail,
but it seems to tickle a bug.

You should get mail about a bug report in a few minutes.

-kevin