[rt-users] RT 3.8 New Installation, migrating existing 3.6 database

Curtis Bruneau curtisb at vianet.ca
Thu Aug 14 16:52:33 EDT 2008

Helmuth Ramirez wrote:
> Thanks Curtis, unfortunately I am still getting the same message.  I
> tried running it from my installed location:
>
> "/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
> --action upgrade"
>
> As well as from the rt-3.8.0 folders I used to make the install.
>
> /tmp/stuff/rt/rt-3.8.0/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root
> --prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade
>
> I get the same result for both.
>
> I did notice I don't have an "upgrade" folder in my installed etc
> folder.  I do in my install source though.  Would that have something to
> do with it?
>
> **************
> You need to run it from your extracted source directory.. the
> etc/upgrade files are there. So to do that you have to specify the full
> path to rt-setup-database which is in your installed ./sbin dir.
> ex: /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
>
> --action upgrade
>
> Curtis

You'll have to run it from your /usr/src/rt-3.8.1rc4 or equivalent
directory because like you said the etc/upgrade files are in there,
which is why you have to specify the full path to the rt-setup-database

server:/usr/src/rt-3.8.1rc4# /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root
--prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade

Also make sure /opt/rt3/sbin is the correct path.. it may be different.

Curtis