[rt-users] RT 3.8 New Installation, migrating existing 3.6 database

Helmuth Ramirez HelmuthRamirez at compupay.com
Thu Aug 14 18:23:52 EDT 2008

Curtis,
Thank you VERY much!  That did it!  I am now rocking my 3.8 db :)

You'll have to run it from your /usr/src/rt-3.8.1rc4 or equivalent
directory because like you said the etc/upgrade files are in there,
which is why you have to specify the full path to the rt-setup-database

server:/usr/src/rt-3.8.1rc4# /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root
--prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade

Also make sure /opt/rt3/sbin is the correct path.. it may be different.

Curtis