[rt-users] include last 3 comments in email, numbering of comments, hyperlinks?

Dorothea Muecke-Herzberg dorotheamuecke at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:45:47 EDT 2008

(apologies if this is received twice, having trouble with my mailing
list subscription)

Here we go again,

people have decided to run a new project via RT and have come up with
a bucket full of "could you quickly add this feature"
requests. The majority I actually can, but there are some I wonder
anyone has already done this or has an idea how to do it:

- always include the last N comments/replies of a ticket with the
latest notification email being sent out
- is it possible to automatically insert a html link to a different
ticket in the reply to a ticket by just typing a pre-defined text,
e.g.
 #rt-1024, and RT automatically replaces this in the text with the
correct hyper link? Must be doable with some kind of text
 parsing.
- is it possible to number the comments/replies in the ticket history,
so that people can refer to comments by number, e.g.
 "Re: comment 234"

Any help would be appreciated

Doro

PS:
Oh, and while I am at it.
We are have the problem that people using gmail/aol mail account do
not receive RT email notifications.
The error bounce message our mail-gateway receives contains:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;joe.brown at gmail.com
Action: failed

I found some postings years ago with regards to some mime problems,
but thought they were resolved.