[rt-users] [rt-mailgate] "--action comment" not commenting

Tyler Knappe knappe at visionlink.org
Wed Aug 20 13:01:49 EDT 2008

I would rather avoid upgrading at this time.  An upgrade is planned, but
not at this time.  Plus this feature appears to have been working since
at least RT 3.4.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/UbuntuInstallGuide

One thing we noticed was that rt-mailgate defaults to correspond;

Note that C<take> and C<resolve> actions ignore message text if used
alone.  Include a  C<comment> or C<correspond> action if you want RT
to record the incoming message.

The default action is C<correspond>.

Jerrad, did you have to do anything special to your fetchmail setup to
have mail correctly comment, other than the '--action comment'?

Also, how does rt-mailgate know which ticket to comment on?  Does it
match the subject to an existing ticket?  If so, wouldn't things like
'Re:' or 'Fwd:' break subject matching?  I can't seem to figure this out
looking at the source code.

Thanks,
-Tyler

--
Tyler Knappe  |  IT Assistant  |  VisionLink  |  First National Center  |  3101 Iris Avenue, Suite 240  |  Boulder CO, 80301  |  303.402.0170 ext. 124