[rt-users] Access tickets and receive replies without web access

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:57:50 EDT 2008

Ok in scrip section of the queue, that I am interested in, I am trying
to create a new scrip.

Condition: On Create
Action: Notify AdminCCs
Template: Global Template: Autoreply

I put myself in the AdminCC group so I can get an email for any ticket
get created

Now if I set the `Action:'  to "User Defined"  I will just need to
fill up the box "Custom action preparation code:" correct?

What would be simple code I can put there so I (me at here.com) can
receive an email when
a ticket gets created?

I am looking at http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/WriteCustomAction
but still not sure how to
achieve it with really simple code.

I also am looking at the RT Essentials Book on Scrip chapter (chp 6)
and not able to fig out what
would be a simple line to code for the user defined action to be
notified on ticket create

Any help would be appreciated