[rt-users] Issues on RT 3.8.1

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Fri Aug 29 02:59:20 EDT 2008

just my 2c!

On Do, 2008-08-28 at 18:45 -0700, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > How do I upgrade DBD::mysql to version 4.002?
> >

> sudo cpan DBD::mysql

but for a real world site it is not as simple as that,
on RPM based system the package perl-DBD-mysql is often
required by the mysql packages.

So of course I can install the CPAN package over the
rpm, but with the next update of the rpm package
this will be overwritten.

Or I can exclude perl-DBD-mysql from updates

Or I can install everything by hand with tar-balls

but there are a lot of other hosts waiting and I don't
want to care about each host individually.

So it would be nice if you consider the real world
environments of the RT user out there.

best regards (and thanks for the schema update which
worked like a charm after installation)

best regards!

sven