[rt-users] Delayed scrip

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Aug 29 15:18:03 EDT 2008

Hi Jerrad,

Easy: Sort of
Elegant: Nope

One way to do this is to create a custom field (or use an unused field) for
the queue.  Your on-create scrip puts some "Needs to be acknowledged" value
into the field.  You create a blank template in your queue named AutoReply
so no on-create mail gets sent for this queue.  Then you use a cron script
to harvest the tickets that have the "Needs to be acknowledged" value set
in the custom field, send the e-mails, and then delete the custom field
value so you don't send a dupe the next night.

Should work and shouldn't be too tricky to set up.  Not pretty, though, and
definitely not elegant.

Regards,
Gene

--